Bolton online maps
Licence agreement for access to national and/or authority datasets
Welcome to the online maps service, which is owned and operated by Bolton Metropolitan Borough Council.
Set out below are the terms and conditions which, together with any legal notices displayed elsewhere on this online maps service, represent all the terms and conditions on which we will provide you with access to the datasets created by Local Government Information House Limited (the “National Datasets”) and/or the datasets compiled and maintained by Bolton Council (the “Authority Datasets”) associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Your continued use of this online maps service indicates your acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not use the online maps service.
The terms and conditions for this licence agreement are as follows:
- The National and/or Authority datasets are associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Information displayed throughout the online maps website is extracted from a copyright work owned by the Local Government Information House Limited and Bolton Council.
- A single screen print of the results of a search of the National and/or Authority datasets is permitted for your own use.
- You may not extract or re-utilise information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets and/or any copies of such information (whether electronic or in hard copy format) for any commercial or business purpose including but not limited to, trading, building commercial databases, reselling or redistribution of such information.
- You are not permitted to modify, adapt, arrange, alter, adjust or make any additions to any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets, nor are you permitted to combine such information with other mapping, data or other information, including for the avoidance of doubt, other such information derived from this website.
- Save as permitted by paragraph 2 above, the reproduction, copying, downloading, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission, distribution, decompilation, reverse-engineering or disassembly of any part of this online maps is not permitted without our prior written consent.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets is not made available, either in electronic unencrypted form or in hard copy format, to any third party that may attempt to use the map in contravention of these terms and conditions.
- You must inform us immediately if you become aware of a third party using information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets in contravention of these terms and conditions or of any infringement of trade marks located on the website.
- We shall have no liability to any person or organisation in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of the information contained on this website.
- We take every reasonable effort to ensure that information contained on this website is as accurate as possible. However, the services featured on this website are provided “as is”, and all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded. We shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expense or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with your use of the online maps service.
Copyright – Ordnance Survey mapping
My Maps uses Ordnance Survey mapping, which is provided by Bolton Council under licence from Ordnance Survey in order to fulfil the Council’s public function to make available Council held public information. The maps are reproduced from the Ordnance Survey mapping with the permission of Ordnance Survey on behalf of Her Majesty’s Stationery Office. © Crown Copyright. Unauthorised reproduction infringes Crown Copyright and may lead to prosecution or civil proceedings. Licence number 100019389.
If you want to licence Ordnance Survey mapping or map data for your own use you should contact Ordnance Survey. Maps for planning permission applications can be purchased from the Planning Portal.
All other datasets: © Bolton Council – All rights reserved